Saturday 3 March 2012

Simply Stampin' Sketch Challenge #49

Morning Stampers!

There were some very pretty and inventive entries for last weeks 'Lace' Theme
challenge and this week's Top 3 are:
Sue Rowe
Aileen
Margaret J

Well done to you all, please take the Top 3 Banner for your sidebar!

This week it's time for another Sketch so let's see what
you can do with this one!
Little Reminder
Don't forget that in order to be considered for the Top 3
you must use one Stampin' Up! stamp, designer paper, punch or die.
We reserve the right to remove submissions that do not represent
the challenge, link to non-SU promotions, or do not use at least
one Stampin' Up! stamp, designer paper, punch or die.

WHAT'S NEW???
Now we promised you something new for this week and from now on
for the first challenge of each month we will have a Guest Designer!
And our first one is the fabulous Monica Gale who I am sure many of you will be
familiar with from her blog My Many Many Passions!
We took the opportunity to find out a little bit more about Monica
and asked her some questions about.... crafting (of course!).

1) Why did you join SU and what do you love about it?
I joined for the discount initially, I was so happy when Stampin'Up! announced
they were coming to Europe and I vowed to be one of the first to join. I chickened
out initially and finally joined 4 months later. As for what I love about SU this is a very
looong list! Stampin' Up! has brought so much good to my life and I love that.
However what I love most is the product quality and fabulous
colour coordination, making pretty projects is sooo easy.

2) How long have you been crafting for?
I have always made one thing or another from being little ( I had very creative
parents and grandparents), this year however will be my 17th year since
discovering papercrafting and 12 years since I discovered stamping. I still
remember the limited choice of stamps on offer here in the UK, goodness
we have come a long way since then!

3) What are your three desert island SU! items?
(things you just can't craft without)
Tombow Multipurpose Glue, Bone Folder and
Guillotine (boring but very essential to create with ease!).

4) What is your favourite SU! colour?
I love red its my fave colour.  Cherry Cobbler and Real Red will always
have a place in my heart equally I cannot choose between them.

5) Which is your most reached for stamp set?
Oh no this feels like having to choose between your children which
I have no clue about as I haven't got any. Broadsheet Alphabet is
getting a lot of use, I love adding fancy monograms to my projects.

6) We asked Monica for some pics of her favourite SU! projects...


7) What inspires your crafting creativity?
My blogging friends for sure, there is so much talent out there I love browsing
blogs while sipping a cup of coffee.

8) What is your favourite crafting technique?
My fave crafting technique has to be stamping. You can do so much
with stamps and you don't even have to be artistic, somebody
has done all the hard work for you already.

And finally....what did Monica do with our Sketch Challenge for this week?


Stunning card, don't you just love the banner detail! Thanks so much Monica for
being our first Guest Designer! Make sure you take a visit to Monica's blog
to see more fab examples of her work...

So onto the Design Teams inspirations for this week:

Ruth
Kirei

Becky

Kelly

Amanda

Alison

Niki


If you like what you see here and you'd like to leave one of the DT a comment
you can, just click on their photo on the side bar!

How to enter:
Post your project to your blog and link back to us.  Then come back to us and link to your project using Mister Linky below but remember to link to the direct post rather than your general blog.



Thanks for joining in!

5 comments:

  1. I love this sketch, it was perfect to use my I had made as a focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for choosing my card as one of the top 3, I'm flattered! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica is my upline, she's fab, always helpful and a great source of imformation and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for choosing my card last week and superb inspiration cards this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog - great to have the inspiration to encourage me to actually use some of my large collection of SU stuff - I tend to hoard up the papers rather than cut into them!!

    ReplyDelete